Hey there! In this tutorial, I show you how to create custom post templates to give a client’s website a nice and consistent look using the Pro theme in Cornerstone 6. I guide you through setting up conditions for templates so they’re applied just where they’re needed – to certain post types or pages. With these customizations, I’ve managed to modernize the client’s site while keeping everything looking cohesive across various pages and content.
Check out my process and pick up some handy tips to level up your own web design game!
Owner, Lead Project Manager
Michael Baker Digital
Need training? Reach out here
– Introduction to Cornerstone and website redesign – Jumping into Cornerstone, homepage redesign
– Closing single layout, starting from scratch
– Creating single layout using template – Assigning layout to singular pages/posts – Adjusting title, grid, gap in layout – Adjusting font sizes for devices – Reducing padding in section – Changing background color for contrast
– Adding sidebar to content – Adjusting column widths, saving as global template – Expanding content area for better look
– Customizing consumer section display
– Headline element above posts, renaming to “Recent Posts”
– Adjusting headline’s margin, bold, resizing – Changing column’s background color to light gray – Adding padding to column, adjusting for mobile
– Working on global post templates
– Applying post templates globally, modifying for consistency – Creating separate post template for pages
– Adjusting conditions for post template
– Conclusion, summarizing global post templates in Pro theme using Cornerstone 6